XLink will automatically let you know if you need to perform a firmware update.
Ensure you have the latest version of the mobile if you automatic updates are turned off. We recommend leaving your automatic updates turned on, this will make sure XLink is always on the latest version available.
- Firmware currently is 4.11 (January 2019)
- MECH5 VCI Firmware update - Version 4.11, Users will be automatically prompted to do two firmware updates in a row. Firstly from version 4.XX to Version 4.10, and then from 4.10 to 4.11.
- Open MECH5 XLink for Windows (version 126.96.36.199 or newer) with your VCI connected to a vehicle. The version number can be seen in the top left-hand corner.
- Next, you will be asked to perform a firmware update to continent using MECH5. Please click 'Update Firmware'
- Firmware is updating, please wait
- When the firmware update is finished you will get the below screen. Your MECH5 VCI firmware version will display next to the serial number in XLink